It is the dream of every young man and woman to buy a home in his/her own name. Buying a home in one of the best real estate markets in the U.S. i.e. Southern Indiana, Louisville helps to generate wealth and also proves to be the best investment for the future. By buying a home, you not only arrange a great place for the family to live but also create a hard asset. Buying your dream home is a major financial decision. Here are 4 important tips to help make buying your dream home easier.
1. Know your needs and what you can make do without
This is the golden tip for all first time home buyers when they have saved money in their bank accounts for a down payment. No need to rush to buy the first home you see. Buy a home that you can afford rather than buying a house with features that are redundant.
2. Obtain a pre-approval letter from a mortgage company
Many individuals conduct a search for their dream home without even getting the...
It’s that time of year again when friends and family plan a massive feast they enjoy over laughter, memories and the occasional burp that disrupts the silence. Some people prefer to have Thanksgiving dinner in the comfort of their own homes while others opt for going out and eating dinner at a nice restaurant.
If you’re in New York, you and eight of your friends can head over to the Old Homestead Steakhouse in the Meatpacking District and shell out $45,000 for the most expensive Thanksgiving Day dinner in history.
And what does a $45,000 Thanksgiving Dinner look like?
It looks pretty much like you would expect. It’s got a turkey, stuffing and sourdough bread. Seems pretty simple right? Well, unlike the feast you prepare with your family, this one has some pretty outrageous features and is intended as an “engagement dinner” to propose to a loved one. The feast that costs more than the median annual salary in the U.S. includes two 20-pound turkeys, champagne (your choice of Cristal or Dom Perignon), Royal Ostera Beluga caviar and stuffing made with imported Wagyu beef. Oh, and each meal comes with a two-karat emerald cut diamond engagement ring –hidden in the stuffing.
And then just go over the top with it all.
The $45,000 price tag includes not only dinner, but a slew of over-the-top gifts. The package also includes two grandstand tickets to the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, dancing lessons and “homemade pumpkin ice cream with a $4,200 bottle private reserve rum-infused eggnog sauce, finished with edible 24-carat gold flakes.”
But is a $45,000 Thanksgiving Dinner ever worth it?
To us, we believe it’s about...
Memorial Day Weekend is coming up, and there is lots to do in Kentuckiana to celebrate! What’s the best part? These events are inexpensive and family-friendly!
On Memorial Day, we remember all those who fought and died for our country. There will be a Flags4Vets 2015 National Memorial Day Vigil held May 23-25 on the Great Lawn at the Waterfront Park where Floyd Street meets the Ohio River. Volunteers will form the letters “USA” using 15,000 flags from veterans’ graves in honor of all America’s fallen heroes representing the military, law enforcement, and fire fighters. Everyone will begin placing the flags on May 23rd...
Schuler Bauer would like to CONGRATULATE & ASHLEY & ROBERT ANKER, winners of our Open House iPad drawing! The Ankers visited an open house at Lakeside Forest, hosted by Bernice Brown, on November 20.
Congrats to Ashley, Robert and Bernice! Many thanks to all who visited an open house, and registered for our drawing.
It’s a highly competitive market for home sellers right now. More homes to compete with means that the impression your homes makes - from the curb, and on the inside - matter now more than ever. You can increase your chances of selling faster - and at today’s top dollar - by investing in a select few home improvement projects that have been shown to make a big impact on buyers.
Bad news alert: it might cost you a little time, effort and cash. The good news, though, is that the best projects for quickly increasing your home’s resale value tend to be cosmetic and fairly simple and inexpensive to do. Here are five projects with big-time return on investment for home sellers-to-be, in terms of their power to attract buyers, and to attract dollars from those buyers.
1. Painting: Adding a fresh coat of paint to ceilings and walls is a tried and true way to increase your home’s appeal to buyers. Go for white or neutral tones that help lighten your rooms. (Now is not the time to show off your fascination with fuschia and lime green.) Buyers will have an easier time envisioning how they will infuse their own personalities into your home if they’re looking at a relatively blank slate.
Painting lightens and brightens rooms, instantly removes scuffs and dings and gives every room a fresh, polished feel.
Fresh exterior paint - even if your time or cash budget limits your efforts to accents like eaves, shutters, doors and trims - is also a quick, inexpensive way to polish the look of your home from the curb.
2. Landscaping: Everything you’ve heard about curb appeal is true. First impressions matter - especially if your house is one of eight or nine a buyer has seen in one day. Buyers will be more excited to look at the inside your home if the outside looks clean, charming and inviting. Mow the lawn, trim the hedges,...
4 Don’ts When Selling a Home
August 22, 2011 by Melissa Tracey · 9 Comments
Filed under: Staging Tips
By Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR Magazine
Kelly O’Ryan, an office manager for Coldwell Banker in Lexington, Mass., recently highlighted several tips of what home owners shouldn’t do when trying to sell their home in an article at RISMedia. Here are a few don’ts that made it on their list, see if you agree!
1. Don’t slack off on home maintenance. Houses in need of TLC often attract investors or property flippers, which are known for submitting low-ball offers. To attract offers and the highest bids, sellers should attend to any upkeep and maintenance issues before putting the house for sale.
2. Make sure the home isn’t being overshadowed outside. Nothing kills curb appeal more than a home you’re selling that you can’t even see. Be sure to trim trees or bushes to ensure they aren’t blocking any windows or the exterior of the home.
3. Remove wallpaper. Wallpaper and borders can be a nuisance to remove so you might want to take these personal decor touches down before you list the home. Neutralize the homes in subtle colors that will appeal to the most buyers...